24th July 2020 Update:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health.
Our practice opened on the 15th June 2020 and we were working hard at prioritising our patients and those who needed to be seen. Good News! We have now contacted those patients! If you have not heard from us or had an appointment since we opened, you may now contact us on 020 8642 2072 to book your appointment.
We wanted to inform you that this will not mean business as usual. The treatments may be different to those you received before, depending on staff and equipment available. We ask for your patience and cooperation as it will take some time before services return to what we previously have experienced as ‘normal’.
We are committed to the safety of our team, you and your families. Infection control has always been our top priority and we want to inform you of the procedures we are implementing and following here at Sutton Orthodontics. We have kept up-to-date on the new guidance that has been issued by our governing bodies to ensure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to their recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment and some are outlined below:
- Our team will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again at your appointment.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry to the Practice. These will also be made available around the Practice for you to use as needed.
- We will no longer offer magazines, toys and so forth in our waiting areas since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This means that you will have less options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help us:
- Parent/legal guardian/carer will have to stay in car/outside unless they are required to attend. We will let you know in advance if this is the case and it will only be one parent/legal guardian/carer. No other household members or anyone from another household will be allowed
- Only bring essential items with you to your appointment. You will be asked to leave all items in a container outside the surgery
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the practice
- Payment should be made by card, contactless if possible
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone or email if we are closed to inform us as soon as possible
- Please do not arrive early. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice until your appointment
- Our toilet facilities will be out of use
- Please do not come to the practice without an appointment
- You will not be seen if you are late for your appointment
- Patients should come wearing a mask or face cover
We thank you for your understanding and hope you see you soon!
The Team at Sutton Orthodontics